Santos Expects Regulator Decision On Aus Gas Project In Late 2018 At Best
MELBOURNE, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Santos Ltd expects a decision from state regulators on whether to approve its long delayed Narrabri gas project in Australia in late 2018 or early 2019, with a final investment decision a year later, its chief executive said on Thursday.
Santos CEO Kevin Gallagher said the company was committed to going ahead with the project to help fill a supply gap in Australia's east coast market.
"We think Narrabri will play a very significant part in the east coast domestic gas story," Gallagher told investors at a briefing on Thursday. "Santos is going to push this one through."
(Reporting by Sonali Paul)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds