RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project
MOSCOW, Nov 13 (Reuters) - Russia and Saudi Arabia have agreed to study the possibility of national oil company Saudi Aramco taking part in Novatek's Arctic LNG 2 project, RIA news agency reported on Monday.
Aramco Chief Executive Amin Nasser had said last month that the company was discussing several investment opportunities with Russian firms but there were no current plans to take a stake in Novatek's project.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; Writing by Gabrielle Tétrault-Farber; Editing by Vladimir Soldatkin)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Baker Hughes Inks Service Contract with Saudi Aramco (Dec 05)
- Offshore Saudi Contract Goes to Boskalis and Lamprell (Nov 28)
- Saudi Aramco to Invest $100B in Chemicals (Nov 26)
Company: Novatek more info
- Thick Sea Ice Blocks LNG Exports From Russia's Arctic Plant (Jun 21)
- Les Echos: Novatek CEO Says He Believes Total Will Join Arctic LNG 2 (Apr 25)
- Russian LNG Exporter Warns Against 'Vilifying' Country's Gas (Mar 16)