OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria
VIENNA, Jan 29 (Reuters) - OMV is ramping up its geological survey work in Austria with a view to increasing its market share, which currently stands at around 10 percent, it said on Monday.
The geological surveys cover an area of 600 square km north-east of Vienna at a depth of 4,000 to 6,000 metres, OMV said.
OMV in recent years has expanded into Russian gas fields and it is also one of five Western energy companies involved in Gazprom's Nord Stream 2 pipeline.
OMV is a majority shareholder in Gas Connect Austria, operator of Austria's Baumgarten gas hub which handles around a third of the Russian gas pumped into Europe.
(Reporting by Shadia Nasralla; editing by Jason Neely)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds