Marathon Oil Raises Annual Production Forecast
(Reuters) Aug 1 - Marathon Oil Corp raised its annual production forecast on Wednesday, after a surge in U.S quarterly output helped the oil producer top its own estimates.
The Houston-based company bumped up its annual total production forecast to between 400,000 and 415,000 net barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) from an earlier range of 390,000 to 410,000 net boepd.
The company produced 298,000 boepd in the second quarter ended June 30, compared with its May forecast of between 280,000 and 290,000 boepd.
Marathon Oil reported net income of $96 million, or 11 cents per share, in the quarter, compared with a net loss of $139 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total production rose to 419,000 boepd from 349,000 boepd.
(Reporting by Karan Nagarkatti in Bengaluru; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds