Les Echos: Novatek CEO Says He Believes Total Will Join Arctic LNG 2
PARIS, April 25 (Reuters) - French oil and gas major Total could join Novatek's second large-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) project called Arctic LNG 2 in Russia, Novatek Chief Executive Officer Leonid Mikhelson said in an interview with French daily Les Echos.
"I think Total will join Arctic LNG 2, it is just a matter of time," Mikhelson said in the interview in the Thursday edition of the business newspaper.
A spokeswoman for Total declined to comment.
Total has about a 20 percent stake in Novatek, and their giant Yamal LNG project started producing last year.
(Reporting by Bate Felix; Editing by Adrian Croft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's Cnooc Sees Likely Start of Uganda Oil Field in 2021 (May 24)
- France's Total Takes Stake In Russia's Arctic Gas Project (May 24)
- Total Stops Iran Gas Project as Risk From Sanctions Too High (May 16)
Company: Novatek more info
- Les Echos: Novatek CEO Says He Believes Total Will Join Arctic LNG 2 (Apr 25)
- Russian LNG Exporter Warns Against 'Vilifying' Country's Gas (Mar 16)
- RIA: Russia's Novatek To Launch Second Yamal LNG Line In September (Jan 31)