Les Echos: Novatek CEO Says He Believes Total Will Join Arctic LNG 2
PARIS, April 25 (Reuters) - French oil and gas major Total could join Novatek's second large-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) project called Arctic LNG 2 in Russia, Novatek Chief Executive Officer Leonid Mikhelson said in an interview with French daily Les Echos.
"I think Total will join Arctic LNG 2, it is just a matter of time," Mikhelson said in the interview in the Thursday edition of the business newspaper.
A spokeswoman for Total declined to comment.
Total has about a 20 percent stake in Novatek, and their giant Yamal LNG project started producing last year.
(Reporting by Bate Felix; Editing by Adrian Croft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Iran Tells EU to Speed Up Efforts to Save Nuclear Deal (Aug 20)
- Workers To Strike At Three Total North Sea Oil And Gas Platforms On Aug. 20 (Aug 16)
- Arctic LNG Terminal Doubles Capacity (Aug 09)
Company: Novatek more info
- Thick Sea Ice Blocks LNG Exports From Russia's Arctic Plant (Jun 21)
- Les Echos: Novatek CEO Says He Believes Total Will Join Arctic LNG 2 (Apr 25)
- Russian LNG Exporter Warns Against 'Vilifying' Country's Gas (Mar 16)