Les Echos: Novatek CEO Says He Believes Total Will Join Arctic LNG 2
PARIS, April 25 (Reuters) - French oil and gas major Total could join Novatek's second large-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) project called Arctic LNG 2 in Russia, Novatek Chief Executive Officer Leonid Mikhelson said in an interview with French daily Les Echos.
"I think Total will join Arctic LNG 2, it is just a matter of time," Mikhelson said in the interview in the Thursday edition of the business newspaper.
A spokeswoman for Total declined to comment.
Total has about a 20 percent stake in Novatek, and their giant Yamal LNG project started producing last year.
(Reporting by Bate Felix; Editing by Adrian Croft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds