Japex To Book C$750 Mln Impairment Loss On Its Shale Gas Project For Q3
TOKYO, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Japan Petroleum Exploration Co Ltd (Japex) said on Friday it would book an impairment loss of C$750 million ($608 million) on its shale gas project in Canada in the October-December quarter.
The loss will hurt its net income in the April-December period by 34 billion yen ($311 million), but the company is still assessing an impact on its full-year earnings, Japex said in a statement.
($1 = 1.2338 Canadian dollars) ($1 = 109.1700 yen) (Reporting by Yuka Obayashi; Editing by Tom Hogue)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds