ExxonMobil Acquires 2.5% Stake In The BTC Oil Pipeline
BAKU, Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. oil major ExxonMobil has acquired 2.5 percent stake in the Azeri Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline from CIECO, a subsidary of Itochu, an ExxonMobil official said on Monday.
"ExxonMobil became an owner of 2.5 percent stake in the BTC project in November 2017," Aygun Tanriverdiyeva, an ExxonMobil official in Baku, told Reuters.
"The company acquired the stake in the project from CIECO," she said without elaborating on details of the deal.
The BTC pipeline company operates the pipeline, which ships oil from Azerbaijan's major Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli oilfields to Turkey via Georgia.
(Reporting by Nailia Bagirova and Margarita Antidze; writing by Margarita Antidze; editing by Vladimir Soldatkin)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds