Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects
Dec 14 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp and Petróleo Brasileiro SA, Brazil's state-controlled oil producer also known as Petrobras, said on Thursday they had formed an alliance to develop energy projects around the world.
The deal, which was signed in Rio de Janeiro, will have the companies study ways they can cooperate on exploration, production and chemical ventures inside and outside of Brazil.
The deal comes two months after Exxon and Petrobras were jointly awarded six oil-rich blocks in Brazilian coastal waters.
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; editing by Diane Craft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)