Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects
Dec 14 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp and Petróleo Brasileiro SA, Brazil's state-controlled oil producer also known as Petrobras, said on Thursday they had formed an alliance to develop energy projects around the world.
The deal, which was signed in Rio de Janeiro, will have the companies study ways they can cooperate on exploration, production and chemical ventures inside and outside of Brazil.
The deal comes two months after Exxon and Petrobras were jointly awarded six oil-rich blocks in Brazilian coastal waters.
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; editing by Diane Craft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Deepwater Block Writing Guyana's Future (Dec 05)
- Offshore Guyana Estimate Gets Another Upgrade (Dec 03)
- Papua LNG Partners Take Step Toward Investment Decision (Nov 19)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
- Petrobras FPSO Achieves First Oil (Oct 24)