Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects
Dec 14 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp and Petróleo Brasileiro SA, Brazil's state-controlled oil producer also known as Petrobras, said on Thursday they had formed an alliance to develop energy projects around the world.
The deal, which was signed in Rio de Janeiro, will have the companies study ways they can cooperate on exploration, production and chemical ventures inside and outside of Brazil.
The deal comes two months after Exxon and Petrobras were jointly awarded six oil-rich blocks in Brazilian coastal waters.
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; editing by Diane Craft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon, Chevron and Occidental Oil and Gas Climate Group (Sep 20)
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Exxon Eyes Upgrading UK Refinery For More Than $650MM (Sep 11)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
- Brazil's Petrobras Sees No Fuel Supply Shortage After Replan Fire (Aug 20)
- Petrobras Suspends Asset Sales After Court Decision About Privatization (Jul 03)