Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects
Dec 14 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp and Petróleo Brasileiro SA, Brazil's state-controlled oil producer also known as Petrobras, said on Thursday they had formed an alliance to develop energy projects around the world.
The deal, which was signed in Rio de Janeiro, will have the companies study ways they can cooperate on exploration, production and chemical ventures inside and outside of Brazil.
The deal comes two months after Exxon and Petrobras were jointly awarded six oil-rich blocks in Brazilian coastal waters.
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; editing by Diane Craft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon Hits the Brakes on $1.9B Project (Mar 15)
- Exxon Plans for $15 per Barrel Permian Costs (Mar 14)
- Permian Shale Primed For Mergers and Acqusitions (Mar 11)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Petrobras Hires Transocean Drillships (Mar 11)
- 8-Year Petrobras Contract Starts for TechnipFMC-DOF (Feb 19)
- TechnipFMC Scores Brazil Subsea Contract (Feb 06)