Eni Says Gazprom Cuts Gas Flows to Italy by About 15 Percent
Gazprom PJSC has cut gas supplies to Italy, state-controlled oil giant Eni SpA said Wednesday, citing a communication from the Russian company.
The reduction amounts to about 15% of total flows from Russia to Italy, an Eni spokesperson said. Gazprom didn’t provide any reason for the decision.
Moscow-based Gazprom said Tuesday it’s reducing flows through Nord Stream, a key pipeline for Russian gas exports to Europe, by 40% amid technical issues at its Baltic station, further aggravating supply concerns on the continent.
Eni is spearheading efforts by Prime Minister Mario Draghi’s government to lower Italy’s dependence on Russian gas, partly through its longstanding ties with African producer countries.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Does the Global Drug Trafficking Industry Affect Oil and Gas?
- Qatar Offers Cheaper LNG to Asian Market
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- Pennsylvania's Largest Coal Plant to Close amid Shift to Gas
- Philippines Receives Nearly 400 Bids for Renewables Development
- Petrobras Begins FPSO Production at Buzios
- Zenith Inks Deal Launching Its USA Expansion
- UK Energy Transition Can Create More New Jobs than Lost: Study
- Exxon and Chevron Shareholders Reject Toughening Climate Goals
- Further OPEC+ Production Cuts Are Still on the Table
- Exxon Bets New Ways to Frack Can Double Oil Pumped from Shale Wells
- Key Milestone Hit Towards Potential First Ever GOM Offshore Wind Lease Sale
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- India to Boost Renewables Capacity, Avoid New Coal Plants
- Energy Groups React to Debt Ceiling Deal
- Aramco Holds Talks with Turkish Firms on $50B Planned Projects
- Kinder Morgan to Expand Gas Capacity at Texas Gulf Coast Facility
- USA Steel Major Taps ExxonMobil for Carbon Capture
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- OPEC+ Has Lots of Dry Powder for Further Cuts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- Invictus Strikes Oil, Gas in Zimbabwe
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On