Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale
Cobb, who also owns a food-processing company in town that makes products for Kraft Heinz Co., said he’s now competing with the oil industry for workers.
“But that’s good," the mayor said. “I’ll always take the challenges of a good economy versus one of not."
Even the rivalry with economic-development counterparts in Texas is getting a boost after vaulting past Oklahoma for oil output in the state, Vierck said.
"New Mexico is not that well known for energy production," he said. "We’re definitely an important part of the Permian."
With assistance from Ryan Collins. To contact the reporter on this story: David Wethe in Houston at email@example.com. To contact the editors responsible for this story: Reg Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org Steve Stroth, Joe Carroll.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil's Reserves Jump 19% On Growth In US Shale, UAE (Feb 09)
- ExxonMobil Hits Baytown Ethane Cracker Milestone (Feb 07)
- ExxonMobil Stock Rout Deepens as Profit Flub Meets S&P 500 Plunge (Feb 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Restarts Drilling In Kurdistan Region Of Iraq (Feb 19)
- Chevron Mulling Participation in Brazil's March Oil Auction (Feb 06)
- Chevron Sells First Condensate Cargo From Australia's Wheatstone LNG (Feb 05)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- What Women Really Want on the Job? Ask Big Oil's Only Female CEO (Feb 23)
- Media: Cleanup Underway After Centurion Pipeline Oil Spill In Oklahoma (Feb 19)
- Occidental Petroleum Profit Matches Street Forecast; Shares Slip (Feb 13)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- Permian's Mammoth Cubes Herald Supersized Future for Shale (Feb 22)
- Texas' Austin Chalk Booms While Shale Plays Remain Mostly Dormant (Dec 07)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)