BP Buys 61 Percent Stake In Azerbaijan's Gobustan Onshore Project
BAKU, Sept 14 (Reuters) - British oil major BP has acquired a 61 percent participating interest in the existing onshore Gobustan PSA (product sharing agreement) in Azerbaijan, BP Azerbaijan said on Friday.
BP, as operator, plans to drill one exploration well to appraise a potential prospect in the contract area in the second half of 2019, the company said in a statement.
(Reporting by Nailia Bagirova Writing by Maria Kiselyova Editing by Louise Heavens)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds