Tullow Looks at No Deal Brexit Implications
Tullow, which employs a number of EU nationals in the UK, has stated in its latest results statement that its board is concerned about the uncertainty that a No Deal Brexit would cause these “much-valued members of staff”.
In its results statement, Tullow also said its board recognizes that a No Deal Brexit could cause “significant” regulatory, legal and financial uncertainty with regard to Tullow’s decommissioning program in the UK North Sea.
“Operators would have to be carefully guided by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy as to exactly how decommissioning programs should be executed and what tariffs or fees, if any, should be applied to non-UK service providers,” Tullow stated.
In the results statement, published on Tullow’s website on Wednesday, the company revealed that its board believes Tullow’s business, assets and operations will not be “materially” affected by Brexit.
Tullow reported revenue of $1.9 billion and an operating profit of $528 million for 2018. This compared to revenue of $1.7 billion and operating profit of $22 million in 2017. The company’s profit after tax for 2018 was $85 million. In 2017, Tullow reported a loss of $175 million after tax.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Editor | Rigzone
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- Oil Down as Demand Concerns Supercede Saudi Cuts
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- USA Shale Seen Holding Firm on Returns
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs