Several Oil Bosses Make Best CEO List
Several oil and gas bosses have made CEOWORLD magazine’s 2019 list of top chief executives.
Royal Dutch Shell CEO Ben van Beurden was ranked second in the list, which outlined a total of 121 people. Saudi Aramco President and CEO Amin H. Nasser came in fourth, with BP Group Chief Executive Bob Dudley placing fifth.
Darren Woods, CEO and chairman of ExxonMobil, was ranked in sixth place, Patrick Pouyanne, CEO and chairman of Total, took 18th spot and Mike Wirth, chairman of the board and CEO of Chevron, placed 20th.
Other oil and gas bosses who made the list include:
- 21 - CNPC Chairman Wang Yilin,
- 25 - Sinopec Group Board Chairman Dai Houliang
- 36 - Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller
- 43 – Lukoil President Vagit Alekperov
- 46 – Valero Energy CEO Joseph Gorder
- 48 – Phillips 66 Chairman and CEO Greg Garland
- 49 – Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani
- 66 – Marathon Petroleum Chairman and CEO Gary Heminger
- 69 – Indian Oil Chief Executive Sanjiv Singh
- 71 – Sinochem Group Chairman Ning Gaoning
- 72 – Rosneft Executive Chairman Igor Sechin
- 75 – Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi
- 77 – Oil & Natural Gas Chairman and Managing Director Shashi Shanker
- 92 – Equinor CEO Eldar Saetre
- 94 – Bharat Petroleum Chairman and Managing Director D Rajkumar
Walmart CEO C. Douglas McMillon was ranked 1st in CEOWORLD Magazine’s 2019 list.
The organization’s global ranking of the best chief executives for 2019 measured more than 1,200 CEOs across 96 countries. The methodology was primarily based on the financial returns for the CEO’s entire tenure, which made up 60 percent of the final ranking.
The additional 40 percent of a CEO’s ranking factored in a company’s track record on environmental, governance, and social issues, as well as market shares, change of market capitalization, and brand’s newsworthiness and impact.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.