Total Transfers 20% Stake in Bolivia Project
Total announced the signature of a farm out agreement with Gazprom for the transfer of a 20% interest in the Ipati and Aquio licenses in Bolivia. Subject to the Bolivian authorities' approval, the partnership on these licenses will be constituted by Total (60%, operator), Tecpetrol (20%) and Gazprom (20%).
In 2004, the Group discovered the Incahuasi gas field in the Ipati license. The discovery appraisal is under way with the drilling of the X-1001 well on the Aquio permit. Both licenses are located 200 kilometers South of the city of Santa Cruz in the foothills of the Andean Cordilleras.
Following the signature in September 2008 of a cooperation agreement between Total, Gazprom and Yacimentos Petroliferos Fiscales Bolivianos (YPFB), aimed at negotiating the exploration terms and conditions of the Azero block, this agreement strengthens the partnership between Total and Gazprom, both in Bolivia and internationally.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)