Aker to Provide Drilling Riser System to Sevan Marine's Rig
Aker Solutions has won a contract to provide a complete 8,000 feet drilling riser system to Sevan Marine's deepwater drilling rig Sevan Brasil.
The contract is worth more than USD 40 million. The delivery includes more than 100 riser joints, which will be produced at Aker Solutions' manufacturing facility in Rio das Ostras, Brazil.
"We are very pleased that Sevan Marine has chosen the Aker Solutions CLIP Riser(TM) system for its next deepwater drilling rig. This contract award is further evidence of our strong industrial capabilities and local presence in Brazil," said Tom Munkejord, president of Aker Solutions' drilling riser business.
Aker Solutions currently has 14 drilling riser systems in operation, three of which have been manufactured in Rio das Ostras. The company has delivered four drilling risers packages this year.
The contract is signed and booked as order intake in Q3 2010.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)