Lukoil, CNPC Enter Strategic Partnership
Vagit Alekperov, Lukoil President, and Jiang Jiemin, President of China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), signed a Strategic Partnership Promotion Agreement in Beijing on September 27, 2010, within the framework of RF President Dmitry Medvedev's visit to China.
The document fleshes out the Strategic Partnership Agreement signed by the companies on September 8, 2007. Under the new Agreement, the parties intend to promote cooperation through the existing projects, Kumkol, Severnye Buzachi (Kazakhstan) and Aral (Uzbekistan), and also through promising upstream projects in Russia, China and third countries, including via possible asset swaps. The parties have also agreed to consider possible cooperation in the area of hydrocarbon supplies to China.
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)