Subsea 7 Snags Framework Agreement for Shell's European Assets
Subsea 7 has been awarded a 4-year single contractor framework agreement with Shell Upstream International Europe for subsea pipeline installation services across its European offshore fields and facilities. The contract has a further 3 one-year extension options.
The contract will cover the provision of subsea pipeline installation services on a call-off basis. This includes project management, engineering and procurement services, right through to reeled pipeline installation offshore utilizing Subsea 7's pipelay vessel, the Seven Navica.
The new contract is in addition to the long-term 'Underwater Services Contract' that Subsea 7 has with Shell for inspection, repair and maintenance programs, capital projects and decommissioning works across its European offshore fields and facilities.
Steph McNeill, Subsea 7's UK Regional Vice President, commented on this significant new contract award, "It brings us great pleasure that in addition to already providing a broad range of life-of-field services for its European assets, Shell has awarded Subsea 7 this new contract to provide the same safe, timely, value-adding and best-in-class project delivery to support a number of its European pipelay projects, over the next 4 years."
The contract is due to commence with immediate effect. Projects delivered under the pipelay frame agreement will be managed from Subsea 7's UK and Norway offices.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)