Oil Search Completes Flow Test at Yemen
AWE reported that during the week, a flow test of the 20 meter interval from a measured depth of 2,830 to 2,850 meters in the Lam clastics of the Madbi Formation was completed. No fluid flow was observed during the test period. As at 06:00 Yemen time (-7 hrs AEST) on 22 September, the well was being suspended, to allow further analysis of the drilling and test data. Once suspension operations are complete, the rig will be moved back to the Al Meashar-1 discovery well pad for the drilling of an appraisal well, Al Meashar-2.
The Al Meashar-1 discovery well, located 16 kilometers south-southwest of the current rig location, discovered oil in fractured basement rock. The Al Meashar-2 appraisal well will evaluate the extent of this discovery, specifically testing the productivity of the basement reservoir. The Al Meashar-2 well is expected to spud in early October.
The participants in Block 7 are:
- ARC Energy Holdings Ltd 21.25%
- Oil Search (ROY) Ltd (Operator) 34.00%
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (Aden) Ltd 21.25%
- Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas 15.00%
- Mitsui E & P Middle East B.V 8.50%
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)