FMC Technologies Clinches Contract for CLOV Development
FMC Technologies has signed an agreement with Total Exploration & Production Angola for the manufacture and supply of subsea production equipment for the CLOV development project. The award has a value of approximately $520 million in revenue to FMC Technologies.
FMC's scope of supply includes the manufacture of 36 subsea trees, wellheads and controls. The Company will also supply eight manifolds, two workover systems and associated tooling and equipment. Deliveries are scheduled to commence in the first quarter of 2012. FMC continues to develop local execution capability in the region and will conduct the following activities in Angola:
- Fabrication, assembly and testing of 36 wellhead systems and 19 subsea trees
- Manufacture of 7 complete manifold systems
- Critical equipment testing, offshore installation support and equipment refurbishment
- Additional recruiting and training of onshore and offshore personnel
- Investment in local facilities
The deepwater CLOV development project consists of the Cravo, Lirio, Orquidea and Violeta discoveries, located in approximately 4,500 feet (1,370 meters) of water in Block 17 offshore Angola. Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola (Sonangol) is the Block 17 concessionaire. In addition to Total E&P Angola, other partners include Statoil Angola Block 17 A.S., Esso Exploration Angola (Block 17) Ltd., BP Exploration (Angola) Ltd. and Norsk Hydro Dezassete A.S.
"FMC has a strong history and experience in supporting Block 17 projects, including the Pazflor, Rosa and Girassol fields," said Tore Halvorsen, FMC's Senior Vice President of Global Subsea Production Systems. "We are pleased to be selected by Total and look forward to supporting them and their partners with the CLOV development."
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)