Oil Search Sees Traces of Oil at Yemen Well
AWE reported that as at 06:00 Yemen time (-7 hrs AEST) on September 8, the Jebel Al Milh-1 well was at the total depth (TD) of 4,227 meters and was preparing to further evaluate the Lam clastic units within the Madbi Formation. Analysis of the log data across a number of intervals within the Lam suggest possible oil saturation. Elevated gas with oil shows were encountered while drilling this unit.
Jebel Al Milh-1 is located 16 kilometers north-northeast of the Al Meashar-1 well, which recently discovered oil in the basement. The Lam Member of the Madbi Formation is a secondary target of the well.
The participants in Block 7 are:
- ARC Energy Holdings Ltd 21.25%
- Oil Search (ROY) Ltd (Operator) 34.00%
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (Aden) Ltd 21.25%
- Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas 15.00%
- Mitsui E & P Middle East B.V 8.50%
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)