Origin Cases, Suspends Wolf 1 Gas Well
Origin Energy, on behalf of the L11 Joint Venture, advised that Wolf 1 gas appraisal well spudded on July 17 using the Weatherford drilling rig 826. This well was drilled to appraise the extent of the gas accumulation discovered by the Redback South 1 well, drilled in 2009.
At 0600 hours Western Standard Time the well had been cased and suspended for future testing. The rigging down operations were underway with rig release expected within 24 hours.
Well type and location:
Onshore gas appraisal well, Perth Basin, Western Australia (L11 / EP 320).
Wolf 1 was drilled as a directional well to intersect the Wagina reservoir at a subsurface location 2.5 kms SSE of the Redback South 1. The reservoir section was intersected at a depth of 3,817 meters sub-sea.
- Surface location
- Latitude: 29° 29' 01.685" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 45.465" E
- Target location
- Latitude: 29° 29' 02.701" S
- Longitude: 115° 10' 06.606" E
- Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Developments Pty Limited* 67.00%
- AWE Limited 33.00%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)