Inpex to Take Stake in Congo Block
Inpex has been granted approval by the authority of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo to acquire a 20% participating interest of the Nganzi Block with SOCO Exploration & Production DRC (SOCO), a subsidiary of SOCO International plc.
The Nganzi Block is located onshore western part of the DR Congo, which covers an area of 800km2. In the Block, SOCO will continue to operate with a 65% participating interest, while the National Oil Company, La Congolaise des Hydrocarbures holds a 15% participating interest.
Interpretation of the 360 kilometer of the 2D seismic is very encouraging with several large structures identified, three of which will be tested with the initial 2010 drilling program. The Nganga well, the first well was spudded on July 15.
In the DR Congo, Inpex has a 32.28% interest in the Offshore DR Congo Block, which has been producing crude oil since 1975. The participation in the Nganzi Block will further expand the Inpex's exploration and development activities in the DR Congo.
- SOCO: Congo Baobab Marine-1 Well Comes up Dry (Feb 26)
- British Oil Company Soco Says No Longer Holds Congo Block Permit (Nov 03)
- SOCO Net Profit, Production Down (Aug 05)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)