Maersk Secures FSO for Al Shaheen Field
Overseas Shipholding has signed a new service agreement with Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) for the FSO Africa, a floating storage and offloading (FSO) service vessel. The duration of the contract is for three years beginning the end of August. The rate consists of a base rate which will increase if and when more capacity and features of the FSO are requested by MOQ. The FSO Africa is jointly owned by OSG and Euronav N.V.
FSO Africa and its sister vessel, FSO Asia, are the two largest and most sophisticated double hull FSO vessels in the world. The FSO Africa will be stationed on the Al Shaheen oil field offshore Qatar, joining the FSO Asia, which began operations in January 2010.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) more info
- Maersk Secures FSO for Al Shaheen Field (Aug 20)
- OSG Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend (Apr 16)
- OSG Closes Public Offering of Senior Notes (Mar 30)