Technip to Take Stake in Petronas Subsidiary, Expands Malaysian Footprint
Technip has agreed with MISC and MHB, subsidiaries of the Malaysia National Oil Corporation Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) to establish a long-term strategic collaboration.
The areas of collaboration would initially involve working jointly on onshore and offshore projects, designing and building offshore
platforms, exchanging expertise and developing technology.
To cement this collaboration, Technip, as a strategic investor, would take a minority stake in MHB representing between 8 and 9.9% on its proposed listing during the second part of this year.
Technip and MHB's subsidiary MMHE have worked together previously and are currently co-contractors for Petronas' onshore and offshore facilities in Asia.
For Technip, this investment and collaboration would further expand its portfolio of activities and services, in line with its strategic
goals. This would also extend Technip's local content and reinforce its position in the fast growing Asia Pacific region.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)