Foster Wheeler Snags 9 Safety Awards in Singapore
Foster Wheeler announced that its Global Engineering and Construction Group has won nine Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Awards in Singapore for outstanding safety performance in 2009. The WSH Awards are presented annually by the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council, in collaboration with Singapore's Ministry of Manpower.
For the second year running, Foster Wheeler has won a Gold Workplace Safety and Health Performance Award (WSHPA) for its overall safety performance in Singapore. The Foster Wheeler-led joint venture executing ExxonMobil's second petrochemical project in Singapore has also won a Silver WSHPA. In addition, a further seven of the company’s projects in Singapore received a SHARP (Safety and Health Award Recognition for Projects) award.
- Shell Bukom Refinery Modification Project
- Shell Mono-Ethylene Glycol Project
- Chevron Oronite Detergent Expansion Project
- GSK Singapore Bulk Vaccine Facility (SN-02) Project
- Three projects which form part of ExxonMobil's second petrochemical project
"Achieving the Gold Award for the second year running reflects Foster Wheeler's fundamental and absolute commitment to the vision of zero harm to the workforce," said Umberto della Sala, president and chief operating officer of Foster Wheeler AG. "All of these awards demonstrate our consistent world-class health and safety performance, our robust health and safety management systems and a genuine 'safety first' culture throughout our organization."
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)