Tullow, Centric Energy to Explore Oil in Northern Kenya
NAIROBI (Dow Jones Newswires), Aug. 6, 2010
Centric Energy has signed an agreement with Tullow for a joint oil and gas exploration in northern Kenya block 10BA, the Daily Nation newspaper reports Friday.
The Canadian company said a binding agreement signed by the parties allows Tullow a 50% interest in exploring oil and gas in the block, subject to government approval, the daily says.
Alec Robinson, Centric's chief executive, said Tullow will earn a 50% stake and assume operatorship and in return, will reimburse Centric's acquisition costs for the production-sharing contract of block 10BA, which totals $750,000, the daily says.
Copyright (c) 2010 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
Company: Centric Energy Corporation more info
- Africa Oil to Take Reins at Centric Energy (Nov 29)
- Tullow, Centric Energy to Explore Oil in Northern Kenya (Aug 06)
- Centric Completes Mali Farmout Documentation (Mar 03)