Oil Search Preps Casing at Yemen Well
AWE reported that as at 06:00 Yemen time (-7 hrs AEST) on August 4, the Jebel Al Milh-1 well was at a depth of 3,677 meters and was preparing to run 9-5/8" casing prior to drilling ahead in basement. During the week, the planned logging program over the Lam and Meem formations was completed. Initial analysis of the data suggests the presence of hydrocarbons.
Jebel Al Milh-1 is located 16 kilometers north-northeast of the Al Meashar- 1 well, which recently discovered oil in the basement. The primary target is fractured Pre-Cambrian basement.
The participants in Block 7 are:
- ARC Energy Holdings Ltd 21.25%
- Oil Search (ROY) Ltd (Operator) 34.00%
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (Aden) Ltd 21.25%
- Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas 15.00%
- Mitsui E & P Middle East B.V 8.50%
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)