Artumas Group Shuffles Management
Artumas Group announced the following changes to its Board of Directors and executive management team with immediate effect:
- Mr. Robert "Bob" McBean has been appointed Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.
- Mr. John Bentley has been appointed Deputy Chairman.
- Mr. Neil Kelly has been appointed as Non-Executive Director.
- Mr. Michael Jansa remains a Non-Executive Director.
- Mr. Alastair Robertson resigned from the Board.
- Mr. Nicholas Clayton resigned from the Board.
- Mr. Cameron Barton continues in the position of Chief Financial Officer and remains an Executive Director. Mr. Barton has also given notice that he will leave the Company at the end of this year to pursue other opportunities.
"We want to take this opportunity to thank Alastair and Nick for their dedication and service to the Company. We also wish to thank Cam for his tireless efforts to steer the Company through difficult times and through the successful conclusion of our transaction with Wentworth Resources," said Company Deputy Chairman, John Bentley.
About our new directors and executive
Mr. McBean is a mechanical engineer and oil and gas industry veteran with over 40 years experience in upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industries. Prior to founding Wentworth Resources, Mr. McBean was President and Director of International Octane Limited. International Octane is a shareholder in Qatar Fuels Additives Company ("QAFAC"), a world-scale petrochemicals project that Mr. McBean originated and developed from inception, design and financing through to construction, commissioning and full operations. Mr. McBean also served as QAFAC's first Managing Director.
Mr. McBean originated and developed Dubai Gas Company ("DUGAS"), an associated gas processing project at the Jebel Ali Port in Dubai. DUGAS gathers flare gas from offshore oil production and processes the gas to produce natural gas liquids and sales gas to the Government of Dubai.
Mr. Kelly is a mechanical engineer (B Sc and M Sc) with over 40 years experience in the oil and gas industry. Prior to his retirement from ExxonMobil he was Managing Director of Ras Laffan LNG Company (RasGas) in the State of Qatar. In this role he oversaw the development of the company and the construction of the LNG plant and the offshore gas production facilities to provide feedstock to the plant. This multi billion US dollar project was started up ahead of schedule and on budget. Mr. Kelly also served as a Director of PT Arun LNG Company in Indonesia for three years during a six year assignment in Indonesia, which also saw him direct the production from the giant Arun Gas Field.
John Bentley, Company Deputy Chairman added, "This is a new era for our company. Our recent acquisition of Wentworth Resources not only provides necessary financial resources but also the skills, talents and experience of some of the world's foremost natural gas project developers. We are delighted to have appointed Bob Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer and Neil to our Board as Non-Executive Director, and we look forward to working closely with them."
- Artumas Group Takes New Name (Sep 20)
- Artumas Gets Exploration Extension for Rovuma License (Aug 09)
- Artumas Group Shuffles Management (Aug 02)