Drilling Commenced at Wolf Gas Appraisal Well
Origin Energy, on behalf of the L11 Joint Venture, advised that Wolf 1 gas appraisal well spudded on July 17, using the Weatherford drilling rig 826. This well is being drilled to appraise the extent of the gas accumulation discovered by the Redback South 1 well, drilled in 2009.
At 06.00 hours Western Standard Time 13 3/8" casing had been set and cemented at 399 mMDRT and preparations were being made to drill ahead in 12 ¼" hole.
Drilling progress for the week was 399 meters.
Well type and location:
Onshore gas appraisal well, Perth Basin, Western Australia (L11 / EP 320).
Wolf 1 is being drilled as a directional well to intersect the target Wagina reservoir at a subsurface location 2.5 kms SSE of the Redback South 1 Wagina intersection and at a prognosed vertical depth of 3,876 meters sub-sea.
- Surface location
- Latitude: 29° 29' 01.685" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 45.465" E
- Target location
- Latitude: 29° 29' 02.701" S
- Longitude: 115° 10' 06.606" E
- Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Developments Pty Limited* 67.00%
- AWE Limited 33.00%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)