Shell Snags Songa Venus for Field Offshore Australia
Songa Offshore announced that the first of three optional wells has been declared by Shell Development (Australia) under the contract for Songa Venus. The well has further been assigned to MEO Australia Limited.
The well has an estimated duration of 30 days. Shell Development (Australia) continues to have the right to exercise up to two additional optional wells with an estimated duration of 50 to 60 days each.
Songa Venus is currently drilling the first well under the mentioned program.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)