Noreco to Sell Stake in Grosbeak Discovery
Noreco has entered into an agreement to sell its 20% interest in PL378 to Talisman Energy for a consideration of $43 million. The license contains the Grosbeak oil discovery.
"We are pleased to be part of the exploration success and to be able to monetize the Grosbeak discovery through this transaction. A core part of our business model is to sell discoveries and reinvest into further exploration and growth," said Noreco's CEO Scott Kerr.
Noreco has been partner in PL378 since it was awarded in the APA 2005 licensing round, and the Grosbeak discovery was made in 2009. Noreco's exploration program for 2010 included a new exploration well on the PL378 Gnatcatcher prospect, and an appraisal well on the Grosbeak discovery. Following the transaction, the company's exploration program will be adjusted accordingly.
Economic effective date of the transaction is January 1, 2010. The agreement is subject to approval from Norwegian authorities.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)