Foster Wheeler Secures Services for ADCO's Bida Al Qemzan
Foster Wheeler's Global Engineering and Construction Group has been awarded a contract by Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO) for the provision of project management consultancy (PMC) services for the development of the Bida Al Qemzan oilfield in the United Arab Emirates.
The Foster Wheeler contract value for this project was not disclosed and will be included in the company's second-quarter 2010 bookings.
As PMC, Foster Wheeler will manage, on behalf of ADCO, the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) phase of the Bida Al Qemzan development and will assist ADCO with the selection and award of EPC and construction contracts. The objective of the project is to achieve a production capacity of 20,000 barrels per day by the end of the third quarter of 2012.
"We are pleased to be awarded this PMC contract for the Bida Al Qemzan Field. Foster Wheeler's involvement in this project further extends our support to ADCO's upstream development program, following the recent award of the PMC for the Bab Field expansion and Qusahwira Field development. These awards constitute a strong vote of confidence in our project management expertise and in our upstream capabilities," said Umberto della Sala, president and chief operating officer, Foster Wheeler AG.
- State Media: China Secures $330M UAE Oil Field Deal (May 18)
- BP CEO Dudley Says Talks Ongoing on Abu Dhabi Concessions (Nov 05)
- Flowserve Receives Pump Order for ADCO's Bida Al Qemzan Field (Nov 30)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)