Diamond Offshore Mobilizes Rig from GOM to Egypt
Diamond Offshore announced that a subsidiary of the Company has entered into a term contract ending June 30, 2011, plus option, with Burullus Gas that will immediately mobilize the Ocean Endeavor from the Gulf Of Mexico (GOM) to Egypt.
Diamond Offshore President and CEO, Larry Dickerson, noted, "With new contracting severely restricted in the GOM as a result of the uncertainties surrounding the offshore drilling moratorium, we are actively seeking international opportunities to keep our rigs fully employed. This new contract for the Endeavor will help us preserve backlog, and will allow the previous operator of the rig to satisfy its contractual obligations which extended until June 30, 2011. We greatly regret the loss of U.S. jobs that will result from this rig relocation."
The new contract, combined with a $31 million early termination fee paid by the previous operator of the rig, is expected to generate combined maximum total revenue of approximately $100 million.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Burullus Gas Company more info
- Diamond Offshore Mobilizes Rig from GOM to Egypt (Jul 09)
- Technip Awarded EPIC Contract Offshore Egypt (Jun 30)
- Technip Wins EPIC Gig for West Delta Deep Marine Phase VII (Dec 10)