AWE Installs BOPs at Tui Field
AWE advised that during the week surface casing was set in Kahu-1 to a planned depth of 1504m. At 0600 hours (NZ time) BOP's were being installed prior to preparing to drill ahead. It is anticipated that top of the target reservoir should be intersected in the coming week.
The Kahu-1 well is an exploration well within PMP 38158, located approximately 3 kilometers east of the producing Tui oil field.
Kahu-1 will test the Kapuni group sands within a large incised valley feature immediately east of the Tui oil field. The well is being drilled in a water depth of 122 meters and is expected to drill to a total measured depth of approximately 3,820 meters.
Participants in Kahu-1 and PMP 38158 are:
- AWE Limited (Operator) 42.5%
- Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Limited 35.0%
- Stewart Petroleum Co Limited (NZOG) 12.5%
- WM Petroleum Limited (PPP) 10.0%
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)