Hess, Semco, Ramboll Form Alliance for South Arne Modification Project
Hess Denmark, Semco Maritime and Ramboll have formed a unique and strong alliance cooperation for the South Arne Brownfield Modification project, which is part of the Phase III Development.
The South Arne Field is operated by Hess Denmark and is located in the Danish North Sea. The scope of the alliance is to create advantageous synergy effects and to ensure that all parties are focused on the common objectives and work is implemented without unnecessary delays.
The project is planned to be sanctioned in the end of 2010. In order to meet the overall deadline, pre-sanction activities such as engineering and procurement of long lead items have been initiated during early spring 2010.
Uniting competences creates basis for large-scale EPCM contracts
"When we unite the competences, we have a stronger basis for achieving successful results. Of course, we are very happy to be part of this alliance," said Engineering Manager Søren Eg Hansen, Ramboll Oil & Gas.
Tie-in to new wellhead platforms
The South Arne field is located in the Danish sector and lies in water depths of approximately 60 m. Currently the total field counts a total of 18 wells, consisting of 11 producers and 7 water injection wells. Drilling of two new producers is in progress.
The brownfield project consists of three primary parts:
- Phase III tie-in to two new wellhead platforms
- Upgrading of existing equipment (compressors and static equipment)
- Studies and reports (design report, SRS report, structural, flare relief, firewater etc.)
The project is a supplement contract to Ramboll’s existing frame agreement with Hess Denmark for modification and tie-in projects on the South Arne platform.
The installation of the wellhead platform is scheduled for 2012 and the project is expected to be completed in Q1 2013. Ramboll and the alliance team will work on the project until then.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Ramboll more info
- Ramboll Acquires Aberdeen-Based Apply Altra (Jun 09)
- Ramboll Expands Footprint into North American Market (May 14)
- Ramboll Acquires Oil and Gas Consultancy in Houston (Oct 02)