Origin Energy to Wrap-Up Ops at Redback Well
Origin Energy, on behalf of the L11 Joint Venture, advises that the Weatherford drilling rig 826 is currently drilling the Redback 2 exploration well. This well is being drilled from the same surface location as Redback 1, drilled in 2004.
During the week the casing and cementing operation was carried out, with 7" casing set at 3,861m MDRT#. A 4½" liner will be run across the Wagina reservoir and to the total depth of 3,966m MDRT# (3,769 meters sub-sea).
At 06.00 hours Western Standard Time July 1, the hole was being cleaned out in readiness for the 4½" liner.
Well type and location
Onshore gas exploration well, Perth Basin, Western Australia (L11 / EP 320).
Redback 2 is being drilled as a directional well to intersect the target Wagina reservoir at a subsurface location 380 meters NNW of Redback 1 at a prognosed vertical depth of 3,715 meters sub-sea
- Surface location
- Latitude: 29° 27' 27.34" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 41.77" E
- Target location
- Latitude: 29° 27' 15.15" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 40.33" E
- Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Developments Pty Limited 67.00%
- AWE Limited 33.00%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)