Shell Continues Evacuations from Western Gulf of Mexico Operations
Shell is continuing evacuations from its Western Gulf of Mexico operations, bringing approximately another 200 personnel to shore. To date, the number of personnel that have been evacuated is approximately 700. Approximately 836 personnel remain offshore and Shell will continue to evaluate the necessary evacuation of those remaining personnel as more information about the storm's path become available.
Shell is shutting in production from its Western GOM assets today to prepare for the potential full evacuation of personnel tomorrow morning. Shell's facilities in the Western GOM include the Perdido spar, two tension leg platforms Auger and Brutus, as well as fixed platforms: Enchilada, Cougar and Boxer. Subsea systems include Macaroni, Serrano, Oregano, Llano, Habanero, Angus, Manatee, Troika, Popeye, Gyrfalcon and Glider. Shell currently has four deepwater MODUs under contract in the Gulf of Mexico. Two of those units, Noble Danny Adkins and Frontier Driller are currently located in the Western GOM.
According to information provided by NOAA as of 1:00 pm CDT, Tropical Storm Alex is expected to resume moving toward the north-northwest at around 5mph later in the day on June 28th and a turn towards the northwest is forecast for Tuesday. Maximum sustained winds remain near 60mph with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next couple of days and Alex is expected to become a hurricane on Tuesday. Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 70 miles from the center.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Frontier Drilling ASA more info
- Noble Expands, Enhances Global Fleet with Frontier Acquisition (Jun 28)
- Shell Continues Evacuations from Western Gulf of Mexico Operations (Jun 28)
- Noble Nourishing Relationship With Shell (Jun 28)