Total, Eni, Heritage Express Interest in Afghan Oil - Minister
LONDON (Dow Jones Newswires), June 25, 2010
Major oil producers Total, Eni and Heritage Oil have held meetings with the Afghanistan Mining Ministry to express interest and get information about upcoming oil tenders in Afghanistan, the country's mining minister said Friday.
Afghanistan will tender the Kashqari oil block with an estimated 30 million barrels of oil in August or September, Wahidullah Shahrani said.
The ministry will then tender oil blocks in the Afghan-Tajik basin in early 2011, he said.
The basin is estimated to contain about 1.6 billion barrels of oil.
Copyright (c) 2010 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Heritage Oil more info
- Kina Petroleum to Exit Papua New Guinea License (Mar 24)
- Heritage Oil Fails to Find Gas at Kwila-1 Prospect in Papua New Guinea (Jul 09)
- Kina Petroleum Updates on Kwila-1 Exploration Drilling in PPL 337 in PNG (Jul 08)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)