Fluor Subsidiary Selected to Support BP's Gulf Coast Cleanup
Fluor's subsidiary, Plant Performance Services (P2S), was selected by BP to execute two contracts to support its Gulf Coast cleanup efforts. P2S will be providing logistics, procurement and personnel support to BP in Alabama and Florida where cleanup activities are currently underway. Fluor will book revenue on these services contracts as it occurs on a quarterly basis.
P2S' scope of work for BP will include the following:
- As part of the Qualified Community Responder (QCR) program, assisting BP in recruiting, hiring, training, deploying and managing 500 local cleanup workers in each of the 12 coastal counties in Alabama (two counties) and Florida (10 counties in the Gulf Panhandle); and
- Providing logistics, procurement and warehousing support for BP across the Gulf Coast in support of the company’s ongoing cleanup efforts.
"In supporting the Gulf Coast recovery, the mission priority for our P2S team is to hire local citizens and provide coordinated, safe training and supervision for the cleanup activities along the coast where they live," said Kirk Grimes, president of Fluor’s Global Services Group.
- Fluor to Lead Engineering, Procurement for $2.4B Texas Project (Oct 10)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
- Fluor to Support FEED for Woodfibre Project Near Vancouver (Feb 17)