Origin Updates on Redback Well
Origin Energy, on behalf of the L11 Joint Venture, advised that the Weatherford drilling rig 826 is currently drilling the Redback 2 exploration well. This well is being drilled from the same surface location as Redback 1, drilled in 2004.
An attempt to obtain wireline logs was unsuccessful due to difficult hole conditions. During the week the wireline tool was recovered from the well and rig maintenance was performed before drilling ahead to a total depth of 3,966m MDRT# (3,769 meters sub-sea) on June 16.
At 06.00 hours Western Standard Time wireline logs were being acquired. Progress for the week was 55 meters.
Well type and location
Onshore gas exploration well, Perth Basin, Western Australia (L11 / EP 320).
Redback 2 is being drilled as a directional well to intersect the target Wagina reservoir at a subsurface location 380 meters NNW of Redback 1 at a prognosed vertical depth of 3,715 meters sub-sea
- Surface location
- Latitude: 29° 27' 27.34" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 41.77" E
- Target location
- Latitude: 29° 27' 15.15" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 40.33" E
- Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Developments 67.00%
- AWE 33.00%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)