Valiant Tests 4MMscf/d at Tybalt Well
A second exploratory well, 211/8c-4Z, on the Tybalt field was tested, flowing at a peak rate of 5,400 bopd and 4 MMcf/d on a 56/64-inch choke, representing a combined rate in excess of 6,000 boepd. Oil samples from the test confirm a light crude oil with an API of 38 to 40 degrees. The current well will be suspended for potential use as a future appraisal or development well.
After analyzing gathered data, Valiant suggests that the current well was not ideally placed in order to evaluate the full extent of the discovery. Further evaluation will be carried out to focus on defining the extent and nature of the Upper Magnus reservoir in the area to pinpoint an exact location for an appraisal well, which Valiant intends to drill in the next 12 months. The Tybalt prospect is situated in Quad 211 in the UK sector of the North Sea. Valiant owns an 80% operating interest in the prospect; Agora Oil and Gas owns the remaining 20%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)