RWE Dea Spins Bit in Heidrun Field
Noreco reported drilling of the exploration well 6507/7-14S (Zidane prospect) in PL435 has started. The well is being drilled with the rig Bredford Dolphin, and the operator is RWE Dea. Results are expected during September.
PL435 is situated in the Norwegian Sea, 10 km northwest of the Heidrun field, and several significant hydrocarbon discoveries have previously been made in the area. Noreco's resource estimate for the Zidane prospect is 100-155 million barrels of oil equivalents gross, with gas/condensate as the most likely phase.
Noreco has a 20% working interest in the license.
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)