BP Names Independent GRI Advisory Council
BP announced names of the scientific experts who will form GRI's independent Advisory Council.
- Dr. Rita Colwell, Advisory Council Chair – Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland and at Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Dr. David Halpern – Senior Advisor for earth science research at NASA Headquarters and Senior Research Scientist at Caltech/NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Professor Jörg Imberger – Director for the Centre for Water Research at the University of Western Australia.
- Dr. Margaret Leinen – CEO of the Climate Response Fund. Dr Leinen previously served as Assistant Director of the National Science Foundation, directorate for Geosciences (Earth, Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences) and coordinator across NSF of all environmental research and education.
- Professor Jürgen Rullkötter – Director of the Institute for Chemistry and Biology of the Marine Environment (ICBM) at the University of Oldenburg, Germany.
- Professor John Shepherd – Professorial Research Fellow in Earth System Science at the National Oceanography Centre at the University of Southampton, UK.
The Advisory Council consists of independent scientific experts with deep understanding of the technical content and research management issues of a program of this size. The Advisory Council may add members or draw on outside expertise to address specific research needs. Its governance is independent of BP, and council members may not submit funding proposals to GRI.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)