Origin Energy Reports Rig Repairs
Origin Energy, on behalf of the L11 Joint Venture, advised that the Weatherford drilling rig 826 is currently drilling the Redback 2 exploration well. This well is being drilled from the same surface location as Redback 1, drilled in 2004.
The target Wagina reservoir was intersected at a depth of 3,861m MDRT# (3,664 meters sub-sea). An attempt to obtain wireline logs over the reservoir interval has been impeded by difficult hole conditions.
At 06.00 hours Western Standard Time today, rig repairs were being carried out prior to drilling ahead from the current depth of 3,913m MDRT#. Progress for the week was 6 meters.
Well type and location
Onshore gas exploration well, Perth Basin, Western Australia (L11 / EP 320).
Redback 2 is being drilled as a directional well to intersect the target Wagina reservoir at a subsurface location 380 meters NNW of Redback 1 at a prognosed vertical depth of 3,715 meters sub-sea.
- Surface location
- Latitude: 29° 27' 27.34" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 41.77" E
- Target location
- Latitude: 29° 27' 15.15" S
- Longitude: 115° 09' 40.33" E
- Participating Interests
- Origin Energy Developments Pty Limited 67.00%
- AWE Limited 33.00%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)