Karoon Gas/ConocoPhillips Drilling Campaign Completed
Karoon advised that Kronos-1 drilling and testing operations were recently completed and the Transocean Legend semi-submersible rig has been released from location. The 2009/2010 Karoon Gas/ConocoPhillips drilling campaign is now complete.
Data from the three wells drilled on the greater Poseidon structure, offshore Australia, will be analyzed over the coming months, together with the new Poseidon 3D seismic data which is currently being processed. Further appraisal and exploration well locations will be identified for drilling in early 2011.
Karoon's assessment of the Contingent Resource and Prospective Resource potential will be independently assessed when a full analysis is completed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. more info
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)