West Sirius Commences Ops for BP in GOM
Seadrill confirmed that on June 3, 2010, the ultra-deepwater semi-submersible rig West Sirius will start operations for BP.
The term contract between Seadrill and Devon Energy for West Sirius for operations in the US Gulf of Mexico has been assigned to BP through an agreement between BP, Devon Energy and Seadrill related to BP's acquisition of deepwater exploration acreage and prospects in the US Gulf of Mexico from Devon, announced in March 2010.
As such, West Sirius has a remaining contract duration with BP in excess of four years.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)