Eni Sells Stakes to Petrobras Gas
Petrobras Gas has agreed to acquire Eni's 100% participation interest in Gas Brasiliano (GBD) for a total consideration of around US $250 million, subject to adjustments based on net debt and working capital at closing.
Following the execution of a sale and purchase agreement, the completion of the transaction is now subject to certain pre-conditions, including regulatory approvals from relevant authorities in Brazil.
GBD holds the concession to execute gas distribution activities in the Northwest region of the State of São Paulo, an area covering 375 municipalities, supplying to the industrial, commercial, residential, and transportation sectors. GBD's concession was granted in December 1999, for a period of 30 years, extendable for an additional period of 20 years. During 2009, GBD's distribution network reached 734.5 km supporting gas sales of approximately 193 million cubic meters.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)