STX to Build 2 Supply Vessels for Rem Offshore
STX Europe has entered into new contracts with Rem Offshore for the building of two Platform Supply Vessels. The vessels are of STX Europe PSV 06 design. The vessels are scheduled for delivery in 4Q 2011 and 1Q 2012. The total contract value is approximately NOK 750 million.
Roy Reite, President of STX Europe's Offshore & Specialized Vessels business area, said, "High focus on innovation combined with our adaptability to meet the offshore market has resulted in seven new building contracts to our Norwegian yards so far this year. We look forward to continuing the good cooperation with Rem Offshore, we have delivered several vessels to this Norwegian ship owner in the past."
The new vessels are arranged for regular platform supply duties. Some of the vessels features will be:
- Oil Recovery in accordance with DNV and latest NOFO 2009 guidelines
- Ice-C class
- Dynpos AUTR, dynamic positioning system
The vessels are in particular designed for environmental friendly operations with focus on low fuel consumption, and in accordance with Clean Design requirements. The vessels will be prepared for catalytic reactor exhaust system for reduced emissions to air.
The hulls will be built at STX Europe, Tulcea in Romania, and outfitted at STX Europe, Langsten in Norway.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- VARD Agrees to Terminate Order to Build OCAH Vessel for REM Offshore (Jun 29)
- VARD Clinches $133M Contract to Build OCAH Vessel for Rem Offshore (Jun 05)