Hoegh, KBR Join Forces for LNG FPSO Segment
Höegh LNG and Kellogg Brown & Root (KBR) have executed an agreement for the long term cooperation within the LNG FPSO segment. Under the agreement KBR will be Höegh LNG's topside engineering partner for HLNG's LNG FPSO projects.
The first phase of the cooperation will for KBR involve the performance of studies and basic engineering or Front End Engineering and Design, as instructed by HLNG. The scope of the second phase to be undertaken by KBR will include execution of topsides detailed engineering and procurement services, project management services, construction management as well as integration and commissioning supervision as may be required for each specific project.
Says Sveinung J. Støhle, President & CEO of Höegh LNG, "This agreement with KBR further strengthens our LNG FPSO capabilities. In January we teamed up with Prosafe Production, now we also have the world’s leading LNG Engineering and Construction Company, with more than 50% of the worlds LNG Liquefaction trains and outstanding FPSO project experience to its credit as part of our team. We now have the competence, experience and track record in all the key elements which ultimately goes into an LNG FPSO, from early design stage through execution, implementation and finally operations. This put us in a unique position as the preferred service provider for this new market segment."
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)
Company: Hoegh LNG more info
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Hoegh LNG to Sell Hoegh LNG Partners for $370M (Aug 13)
- Hoegh LNG Exercises Option for HHI to Build FSRU in South Korea (Nov 07)